Understanding how to your market your restaurant can be tricky, especially as the industry is as competitive as ever! Many brands turn to the internet and rely upon on social media platforms and their website to draw custom, however why not use every method possible?
Having a website is fantastic, and will prove highly beneficial to the success of your business, but what about those potential customers that don’t have access to the internet? Many of your customers will still rely upon the trusty method of ‘letterbox marketing’, and lucky for you, here at Direct Letterbox Marketing, we’re leaflet specialists!
Having the right mix of traditional and contemporary advertising methods will prove key to your campaign, so here are a few top tips in order to improve your restaurant marketing plan!
- Haven’t got a website? Get one! – Although passing trade and word of mouth are important to restaurants, there’s a large market of potential customers who rely upon online research to discover new places to eat. Make sure your company details are accessible, and make sure your website is always up-to-date, including menus and special offers!
- Get listed – if you want to promote your business in the local area, make sure you are listed on as many quality online directories as possible. This means your details will be displayed when a potential customer searches for restaurants in your area.
- Use social media – Social media makes your restaurant accessible, to everyone, whatever age! Make sure you interact with your audience and reply to any comments or feedback customers may leave. Post sharable and interesting content, as well hosting online competitions or special offers via various discount websites when you initially start out – this will get your name out there and draw attention!
- Be open to reviews – Keep an eye on restaurant review websites. More and more people are using online review sites when exploring new places to go, so always respond to feedback quickly and in a respectful way. Don’t forget to always register and claim your business profiles on such review sites! This gives you more control when replying and handling any customer feedback issues.
- Get Your Leaflet noticed – Delivering leaflets to a specific demographic is an effective way to promote a new business or remind people of your restaurant, especially if you have a new menu or new offers available. Choose an expert designer and distribution specialist to give your leaflet the best possible chance of attracting attention and targeting your chosen market. Be professional, clear and creative with your design style!
- Be selective – Don’t try and cram every bit of information on to your leaflet. This can often look crammed, and will discourage the reader to actually read its content. Use eye-catching headings, and mix both imagery and text to communicate key factors. If a customer is interested, they can refer to your website to gain more information so be sure to display your contact details clearly!
- Give something – Leaflets offer a fantastic opportunity for you to add a voucher or an offer to part of your leaflet. This will encourage custom and interest the customer into taking notice of your restaurant, especially if they are gaining something for doing nothing. Offer money off or ‘buy one get one free’ vouchers – everybody loves a bargain!
For any business to be successful, both modern and traditional marketing methods must be utilised and adapted to the company’s advantage! Here at Direct Letterbox Marketing, we are proud to be one of the leading providers of leaflet distribution services, and all our quality services are tailored to suit the needs of the business. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly and creative team on 0800 028 6353 today!